Pete Alewine Pool & Spa has a design team ready to create a gunite pool that best fits your backyard and style. Gunite swimming pools offer more shape flexibility than vinyl pools. The customer is creating a truly unique look in both size and shape. Gunite pools lend themselves to creating beautiful surrounding designs such as rock formations, beach entries, built-in spas and waterfalls.
Scroll through our gunite pool gallery to view a sampling of pools and the many different features that can accompany this type of swimming pool.
**2023-24 pricing is listed. Prices are subject to change without notice**
- Gunite Pool Packages
- Concrete Deck Options
- Upgrade Options Include
- Spillover Spas
- Site Specific Items
Items included in a Gunite Pool Package are:
- Shotcrete Shell w/ Rebar Reinforcement
- Brick Coping1
- Choice Frost Proof Water Line Tile2
- Initial Balancing of Pool Water
- Polaris Automated Cleaner
- Skimmers & Returns
- Salt Pitted Concrete Decking (Gray) w/ 4’ on Sides, 8’ on the Deep End, and 12’ on the Shallow End
- Pentair Variable Speed Pump1
- White Plaster Pool Finish2
- Pentair Salt System Chlorine Generator1
- Underwater Light
- Deluxe Cleaning Package
- 2 Anti Vortex Main Drains2
- Wireless Controller (Pentair)1
- Pentair Hi-Rate Cartridge Filter1
- Built-In Steps (Sunshelf Optional)2
- Built-In Bench2
- 8’ Flyte Deck Diving Board1
- Overflow System
- Excavation and Installation of Pool
- Custom Pool Shape2
- Pool School - "How To Class"2
1These items are considered upgrades on a Vinyl Pool.
2These items are exclusive to Gunite Pool Construction.
Gunite Pool Packages
Size / Sq. Ft. / Base Price of Pool
- 12×24 – 288 – $66,300
- 14×28 – 392 – $71,800
- 16×32 – 512 – $76,300
- 18×36 – 648 – $81,300
- 20×40 – 800 – $85,800
Upgraded Finish Option
Flagstone / Travertine / Pre-Cast
- $2,600 / $3,000 / $3,700
- $2,700 / $3,500 / $4,300
- $2,800 / $4,000 / $4,900
- $2,900 / $4,500 / $5,500
- $3,000 / $5,000 / $6,100
Price per Square Foot
- $6.85/ Spray Decking – This makes the surface slip resistant and feel cooler to the touch. Offered in many colors.
- $6.75 / Extra Concrete – Not always needed but we will design your pool deck how you imagine it.
- $2.00 / Salt Pitted – This gives the concrete a texture and a different look than typical broom finished concrete.
- $4.50 / Add Buff Color to Concrete – Helps tie the concrete into the existing hardscape and looks great with Flagstone
Price per Linear Foot
- $41.00 / Brick Expansion Joints – A great addition to brick coping, these will make your pool deck really stand out.
- $45.00 / Stone Expansion Joints – Perfect with stone coping, these will give your pool deck a signature look.
- $6.50 / Concrete Scoring – Use the concrete scoring lines to make a design that is your own.
- $750 / Pumping of Concrete (per occurrence)
(Since many of the options listed are custom designed, their size and material will determine an exact price.)
- $9,000± – Beach Entry
- $30,000± – Waterfall with Grotto
- $5,800* – Heater (Gas) Does not include the cost to run the Gas Line
- $1,450 – Extra White Light (One is Included)
- $1,150 – LED Light (Replaces Incl. White Light)
- $1,250-$1,700 – Additional LED Light (Various Models)
- $7,500+/- – Small Waterfall
- $575 – Deck Jet (Ea.)
- $50 – Umbrella Sleeve (Ea.)
- $650 – Hand Rail
- $900 – Powder Coated Hand Rail
- $450 – Plumb Future Water Feature
- TBD – Drainage, running out downspouts, etc.
- $18,500 – Gunite Spa with Pool(Includes Heater but does not include cost to run the gas line)
For gunite customers looking to buy a spa, consider incorporating it into your swimming pool design! The talented design team at Pete Alewine Pool and Spa can create a unique spillover look that will integrate your custom spa and gunite pool. Scroll through our picture gallery to see the many different styles of spillovers that can work for your swimming pool and backyard.
- $1000 / Well Point (Req. if Water Inhibits Excavation)
- $400 / Fill Dirt (per load)
- $850 / Stump & Debris Removal (per load).
- $400 / Dirt Removal (per load)
Doors exiting directly into the pool area are required to have alarms that meet UL 2017. Fencing is also required around the pool that must meet ANSI/NSPI Section AG107. *Add $1,800 to each pool for Permits and Engineered Plans. For Columbia County, Lincoln County, and City of North Augusta residents, add an add'l $1250 for silt fence requirements. Please see a sales rep for more information!